Term 1 Student-Teacher-Parent Conferences
Monday 27th March 8.30am-4.30pm (no classes running on this day)
Tuesday 28th March 4pm-8pm
Book your 20 minute session at www.schoolinterviews.co.nz using the code 698ma.
What does the process involve?
- In depth data analysis in school.
- An academic counselling programme run through a mentor system. Mentors are expected to have academic conversations with their students on a regular basis and act in the capacity of a learning mentor.
- Student-Led Achievement Conferences – where the mentor, parent and child meet to discuss the academic progress of the student and set goals for future learning. This supports and challenges students to set goals and identify future career pathways.
- Regular opportunities for parents to engage in school learning activities and be up-skilled in their own knowledge of the curriculum and NCEA.
Opihi College would like to invite you to attend a Student-Led Conference where mentor, family and students can get together for a 20 minute meeting to discuss all aspects of learning and achievement.
What format will the conference take?
- You will meet with the mentor teacher in their teaching space, this meeting will be in a private environment.
- Student details are checked by family.
- Attendance and uniform discussed with mentor.
- Personal Learning Plan discussion is led by the student with particular focus on goal setting for this year.
- Later in the year there will be a review session where further achievement data will be available to parents.
Bookings are open for the conferences at www.schoolinterviews.co.nz, using the code 698ma, or call the Office on (03) 615 7442. Enter the student details, then select ‘Mentor’ as the subject area to find the appropriate teacher. Your child has been allocated or has chosen a mentor, please ask them which teacher this is before booking!